Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Why A Country Mouse Would Go To NYC

       
          My daughter Kelsey warned me about posting a blog entry without first posting an introduction. But like any good mother, I just ignored her. It turns out that she was right after all, because it seems to have caused a little confusion as to why I am in New York. So I guess I will follow her advice and write an intro.      
          A couple of months ago, our youngest daughter Kelsey was offered a sales and marketing internship in the Garment District at a company called Grace Hats Tokyo. To which our oldest daughter (Mama K-T) quickly informed us that we couldn't let Kelsey go to NYC by herself. From this came the idea that since I didn't have any ties this summer I could go with her. A family meeting ensued to which all agreed, especially Kelsey, that I should indeed spend the summer in The Big Apple.
          I am a little old to be going on such a venture, but what the heck. It is something I've always wanted to do, try living somewhere else for a short time. Mind you, I am not leaving my country roots for very long, but I am up for an adventure. So as I started thinking about my summer here, I thought it would be fun to try to live like a New Yorker; therefore no car, no Wal-Mart, and I would have to buy groceries in small enough quantities that I could carry back to the apartment.
          So here I am, a middle-aged country mouse living in a REALLY BIG CITY!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, then! Thanks for sharing "the rest of the story."
    P.S. Sandy, it's ME - Jenny Tubb Trock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, What an adventure! New York is so amazing; I've never lived there, but have visited several times. I hope you and Kelsey have an awesome summer.

    ReplyDelete